Arrival of your flight at Kigali International Airport. Meet and Greet assistance. You will be warmly welcomed by our Harmony Safari Expeditions representative outside customs and immigration hall.Transfer to Kigali Serena Hotel (10 minutes drive).
Check in for dinner dinner and overnight stay
KIGALI SERENA HOTEL (HB-Dinner, Bed & Breakfast)
After breakfast at 08h00, you will be assisted with check out and briefed about your tour. You will then proceed on a morning tour of Kigali city that includes The Kigali Genocide Memorial Center, Inema arts center & Inzuki designs.12h30: Lunch will be at the Khana Kazana Restaurant.
Highlights: After the 1994 unspeakable awfulness, several burial places in the country were established as memorial sites. They include the Kigali Genocide Memorial where 250,000 genocide victims were buried. Learn about Rwanda’s history from pre-colonial times to the 1994 genocide; learn about other genocide in the world and how this country has dealt with the past.
At 14h00, have a leisurely scenic drive to Musanze and Volcanoe National Park. Arrive in the evening and check in at the lodge.
Dinner and overnight stay: DA VINCI GORILLA LODGE (FB i.e. Lunch –Khana Kazana Restaurant), Dinner, Bed & Breakfast)
Early breakfast at the hotel then proceed to the park headquarter in time for Gorilla Trek briefing at 07h00.We will then transfer you to the start point of your guided walk that begins at 08h00.Here,your amazing adventure begins.
Highlight: Volcanoes National park protects the steep slopes of this magnificent mountain range and is the home of the rare mountain gorilla and the rich mosaic of montane ecosystem, which embrace evergreen and bamboo forest, open grassland, swamp and heath, but the high point will be spending an hour with the remarkably peaceful gorillas despite their size and appearance as they go about their daily life,feeding,playing,resting and raising their young.
After this memorable experience, you will return to the lodge for lunch and some much needed rest.Optional,boat ride on Lake Rubondo or do the Dianne Fossey Tomb Hike (Extra Cost)
Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge.DA VINCI GORILLA LODGE (FB i.e. Lunch –,Dinner, Bed & Breakfast)
Another early breakfast and then transfer to the park headquarters for briefing before you start your guided Golden Monkey trek.
Trekking to see the golden monkey is another highlights of Volcanoes National Park. The Golden Monkey (CercopithecusMitisKandti) is a local subspecies of the widespread Sykes Monkey, also known as the “Blue Monkey” and is endemic to the high altitude forests. The Monkey are playful and inquisitive and often spend their time leaping from bamboo branches or frolicking on the forest floor. There are two habituated groups of Golden Monkey, one group comprises around 80-100 members and has its home at the foot of Mt Sabyinyo
Return to the lodge for lunch. Check out and settlement of expenses.
This afternoon at 14h30-You will visit the Ibyi Iwacu Village for a Rwandese cultural experience.
Ibyi Iwacu is changing the traditional perception of what constitutes tourism by turning fate into fame through sharing various aspects of rural cultures and livelihoods into tourists attractions and creating income-generating activities for rural poor people that have reformed from living on bush meat and poaching for generations.
17h00: Proceed to KIGALI. Arrive at around 20h00.Check in, dinner and overnight stay at your hotel.
KIGALI SERENA HOTEL- (FB i.e. Lunch ,Dinner, Bed & Breakfast)
Rise early by wake up call. Check out of the hotel. Transfer to the Kigali International Airport and assisted in check in for your outbound flight.
Wishing you an excellent safari!
NET COST BASED ON 1 – 4 PAX
- 1 Pax in a Single Room US$ 3,115:00
- 2pax – Per person sharing a double/twin room US$ 2,090:00
- 3pax-Per person in a triple room US$ 1,848:00
- 4pax-Per person sharing a double/twin room US$1,748:00
- Meet and greet on arrival
- Airport and inter-hotel transfer day 1 to the last day
- Accommodation ( Kigali Serena Hotel on HB-dinner, bed & breakfast / Da Vinci Gorilla Lodge FB-dinner, bed & breakfast)
- Exclusive use of a safari land cruiser 4 x4
- Services of a professional, experienced English speaking driver guide
- Bottled mineral water in the vehicle during the tour
- All applicable single room supplement(SRS)
- All activities, visits and extra meals mentioned in the itinerary
- 24/7 assistance
- International and domestic airline tickets unless where indicated
- Rwanda Entry Visa fee (US$ 30):- (Rwanda Visa to be issued on arrival effective from 1st January 2018)
- 1 Gorilla permit per person (this includes briefing at RDB offices,guide,trek-US$ 1,500)
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate (YFVC)
- Optional extras whilst in Kigali